Here are 10 proposed ways to make learning a new language fun at home with kids:
1. Use games and activities: Incorporate games and activities into language learning, such as word matching games, charades, or Simon Says.
2. Use music and songs: Sing songs and rhymes in the target language to introduce new vocabulary and grammar.
3. Use multimedia resources: Watch TV shows or movies in the target language, or play language learning apps or games on a computer or tablet.
4. Make it interactive: Encourage children to use the target language as much as possible, either by speaking with them in it or by having them practice with a partner or in small groups.
5. Use real-life context: Use the target language in real-life contexts, such as when shopping or traveling.
6. Create a language-rich environment: Surround children with materials in the target language, such as books, posters, and games.
7. Practice conversation: Have regular conversation practice sessions in the target language, encouraging children to express their thoughts and ideas.
8. Use hands-on materials: Use hands-on materials, such as dolls or toy figures, to act out stories or scenarios in the target language.
9. Use role-play: Encourage children to role-play in the target language, such as pretending to be a shopkeeper or a customer.
10. Make it a family activity: Involve the whole family in language learning by setting aside a regular time for language practice and making it a fun, shared activity.